Tinting windows enhance the exterior appearance of a car while keeping it cool inside. Tinted car glass will help keep your automobile looking newer and more durable by protecting you from the harsh sunlight rays. Window tinting can reduce eye fatigue caused by direct sunlight rays and flashy nightlights.
Window tints will also increase the durability of your car windows – the thin layers protect you and your car, as well as your privacy. Window tints are not always necessarily need replacement. You are looking to replace it with another type because the window tint film has become too thin. The two most visible signs you will notice in your car’s window tint are discoloration and bubbles. Professionals will entirely replace your window tints. If the window stains are stubborn or cannot even remove them, you may be able to do the job yourself. Then, drag the window tints so that you can install a fresh one.
This article will help you remove your old car tints. To remove old stains, you’ll need razor blades and dishwashing soap.
- Cut a small portion on the corner of the film – Cut the film at one corner with a razor blade. You will not worry about damaging your windows or windshields if you don’t press too hard. While this step will not require much precision, it is worth it.
- Peel the film off – Start at the corner that you have cut. Grab the tint film and begin peeling it off. Slowly peel the film off so that you don’t have to go over everything. If you have cannot remove the tint film in one go, you can use the razor blade to lift it off. Continue peeling until all of it is gone.
- Spray soapy mixture to the window – Mix a little dishwashing soap and water in a spray bottle. You do not need the exact quantities. Just make sure the solution is similar to what you would use for washing dishes. Spray the mixture on the area where there is adhesive residue. Then, move to the next step.
- Scrape off the adhesive residue – With the razor blade, scrape any sticky residue from the glass. Be gentle to avoid scratching the surface – if you are worried about scratching it. You can spray soapier liquid on the glass to make it dry faster. Then, continue scraping the glass until the last drop is gone. These instructions are more important than worrying about cutting your glass.
- Do the final cleaning of the window – Make sure to clean your windows before closing the door. Use a glass cleaner and clean your windows. You can also use warm soapy, or mild detergent if you don’t own any. To get the best results, you can use paper towels.
Removing old tints is simple. It would be best to focus on being gentle while doing the process to secure an excellent window tint on the next installation. This article clears out the possible struggle you have in mind in removing the old window tint for your car.
If you want an expert to install the window tint on your behalf, KEPLER Window Films Coatings provides experts for new coatings for window tinting in Palmdale. This window tinting business consists of experts and professionals who will give you the best products and services for car window tinting in Warner Gobins, GA.